Options

Advice for CCVP

dublinguydublinguy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I am thinking to go for CCVP straight without going to CCNP,I do have interest and concepts of voip,working in the telecom sector. Below is the track i am thinking to follow, whats your advice please? is it the right way to go?

1. 642-642 Qos
2. 642-436 CVOICE
3. 642-444 CIPT 4.1
4. 642-453 GWGK
5. 642-426 TUC

I am CCNA qualified.CCNA is acceptable as prerequisites till 23rd of June 2009, does this mean i have to pass all above 5 exams before that time or even by passing 1 exam before 23rd will exclude me to pass CCNA-Voice?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dublinguy wrote: »
    is it the right way to go?
    I think that's the sequence I used with the older versions of the exams. The most important thing is to take the troubleshooting exam as your last voice exam.
    does this mean i have to pass all above 5 exams before that time
    Yes.

After that time the required prerequisite is the CCNA:Voice, so if you finish TUC on Jun 24th and don't also have the CCNA:Voice Certification you haven't completed the prerequisites for the CCVP and won't get it until you do.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dublinguydublinguy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Mike for your reply, however i am still in catch 22. I rang and spoken to the Cisco Support Center who confirmed that even if i will have 1 track passed for CCVP before 23rd of June, i will not need to get CCNA voice in order to get the CCVP.

Any body else investigating the same? and have any input please?
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you’re going to follow the CM4.x path then look at GWGK after CVOICE – There are quite a few overlapping areas between the new CVOICE objectives and the GWGK objectives.

As for the CCNA:Voice prerequisite, I was told by Cisco that all of the CCVP requirements would have to be completed before the deadline. That being said, there are plenty of conflicting stories.

Check out the certification progress page when you log into the cert portal. For me, CCVP wasn’t listed as “enrolled” until after I completed the CCNA:Voice.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Thanks Mike for your reply, however i am still in catch 22. I rang and spoken to the Cisco Support Center who confirmed that even if i will have 1 track passed for CCVP before 23rd of June, i will not need to get CCNA voice in order to get the CCVP.

Any body else investigating the same? and have any input please?

I dug into this quite a bit some time back.

If you have not passed the five CCVP tests by the June deadline, you will most certainly HAVE TO take and pass the CCNA-Voice to get CCVP certified.

After speaking with countless Cisco drones who were never quite sure about anything, I finally got ahold of someone at Cisco who really knew what was going on. When/if you do get someone who knows which way is up, believe me, it's clearly evident. I also dug the info out of Cisco's website.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949