Options

Is the 70-270 redundant?

AhillikerAhilliker Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

I've passed the 70-271 and 70-272 exams. The 70-270 will be the
3rd (or 1st depending on how you look at it) in the XP series of tests.
Many have started out with the 70-270 test. My question for all and
especially for those that have followed the same path as me: How much
"less" difficult will the exam be considering the info gained from the 271 &
272 exams? Is it redundant? Does it cover totally new topics? Any info
will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went the same route as you - passed my 271 in January and the 272 in April. I took (and failed) the 270 this morning. Different ball game than the MCDST tests.

I had a lot of questions on sys-prep, RIS, dual-OS, etc. that weren't really touched in the MCDST tests.

I had heard there was alot of redundancy as well which is why I didn't study as hard and why I wasn't nearly as prepared as I should have been.

Oh well, thanks to MS for the 2nd chance opp. Hopefully I can get it the next time around.
  • Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    70-270 and 70-271 are very similar.
    i went to Borders other day and looking into 271 just being curious. I found out that there are only 3-4 additional chapters on 70-271 compared to 270.
    70-271 added alittle bit more stuffs...thats all
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Options
    IkkaIkka Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can see where apoole15 is coming from, I done the 70-270 first and afterwards done the 70-271 (not done or even looked at the 70-272) i found the 70-270 a lot more harder just more to take in i thought, but everyone is different i guess.