Options

Speeding Ticket

2»

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »

I really don't care about this. I just haven't lived with a woman in a couple of months and have found myself in debate mode due to the lack of arguments ;)

icon_cheers.gif

You may even have an opportunity to be "right" here too ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Despite the fact that tickets suck in general, speeding is one that I can understand (pissed as I may be if I get one, which so far has only been once). The ones that I see as a general annoyance is the $115 ticket I got in Manhattan 2 weeks ago driving home. 2 blocks from the midtown tunnel at 8:30AM it's crazy. I was in the far left lane, 3 buses to my right. The light changed to red with me in the middle of the lane, as well as the 3 buses to my right.

Mind you traffic was coming from the right (heading eastbound) so physically they were blocked 3 buses deep and no car could even see me. But low and behold, a douche bag meter maid...not even a real cop....pulls me over, on foot after popping out from behind a phone booth. Makes me pull my car over 5 feet toward the curb...mind you I'm now blocking traffic far worse than I was before and for longer since the light changed 4 times during the time it took them to run my license and issue the ticket.

I even asked the d-bag after getting the ticket (because I didn't know why I was stopped until I got the ticket) "So are those buses getting the ticket" to which he got a real d-bag a-hole tone "They all do." No, they were only writing tickets out to people in the left lane because it was easier to walk up to because I saw them do it 3 more times as I made my way to the tunnel, not once to a car in the lanes closest to the cross traffic actually being blocked.

Sorry for the rant, it's THOSE tickets that get me. If I'm speeding, at least it's justified, you're trying to protect me/others, but seriously, $115 for that??
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Over here in UK police are issued with a certain number of tickets with a certain amount of time to give them out, it ensures that the government brings in enough revenue to spend on whatever they want

I bet the money is then spent on MP's expenses like this duck house for the middle of someones pond

BBC NEWS | Politics | 'Duck island' claim MP to retire

Full list of MP's and what they had bought for them from taxpayers money

BBC NEWS | Politics | Key details: MP expenses claims

Ide like to see the fines go to a charity of your own choice instead of it being used to pay for lavish lifestyles of MP's, this country makes me sik and I hate it with a passion

Lee H
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You should have just gone faster icon_twisted.gif
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lee H wrote: »
    Over here in UK police are issued with a certain number of tickets with a certain amount of time to give them out, it ensures that the government brings in enough revenue to spend on whatever they want

I bet the money is then spent on MP's expenses like this duck house for the middle of someones pond

BBC NEWS | Politics | 'Duck island' claim MP to retire

Full list of MP's and what they had bought for them from taxpayers money

BBC NEWS | Politics | Key details: MP expenses claims

Ide like to see the fines go to a charity of your own choice instead of it being used to pay for lavish lifestyles of MP's, this country makes me sik and I hate it with a passion

Lee H
    <rant>
    MP's suck globally, it took ours one week to decide and approve raising there pensions to the level of ministers<they have 4 years terms>

Every thing else can wait for a few months for studying.
    </rant>
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    As others have mentioned, there's a huge difference between highway driving and street driving. Here in Atlanta, when the highway is clear, you're taking your life in your hands if you're only driving the speed limit. Inside I-285 (the Atlanta Bypass), the speed limit is 55. Doing anything less than 80, and you're going to have cars running up on your behind, and then changing lanes in front of you. During the morning and afternoon rushes, the highway is so packed that you're lucky to be able to get over 20, so speeding isn't a problem.

So I tend to ignore the speed limit on the highway, and pay more attention to the flow of traffic and keep pace. If I'm driving at like 2am and there are very few other cars on the road, I'll tend to do 10 over the speed limit, simply because at 10 over, the fine is like $10 and most LEO's feel it's not worth their time to write the ticket. After 10 over, however, the prices climb quite a bit.

On the streets, I try to obey the speed limits. I may **** 1 or 2 miles over, but I don't haul ass down a parkway wth a limit of 45 doing 80. The last time I got popped for residential speeding was in front of a school. I was doing the speed limit, I was just doing it at the wrong time of day. Tossing away 250 bucks for that mistake tends to make you pay more attention to your surroundings.