Smart Card

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
I really am feeling smart card dumb. Everyone tells me I will never use one in real life and won't be tested on it much so I should be able to "best guess" my way through... I don't much like that answer.

Anyone have some good smart card reading?

Can a smart card be used to authenticate mutliple user accounts or just one? I have honestly never seen or touched one.
-Daniel

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hm, not really. I remember that material as being straight-forward. They're basically just credit-card sized cards that contain a certificate. I'd just learn how to assign a certificate to one and remember that you want to use EAP if you want to use certificates for remote authentication.
  • Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    I really am feeling smart card dumb. Everyone tells me I will never use one in real life and won't be tested on it much so I should be able to "best guess" my way through... I don't much like that answer.

Anyone have some good smart card reading?

Can a smart card be used to authenticate mutliple user accounts or just one? I have honestly never seen or touched one.

You can only have one user account on each smart card. They can hold additional info such as medical history and employee number, but not too much more. The smart cards as Dynamik stated hold a certificate on them that can be used to authenticate you as a user. CBT Nuggets goes into very good detail of them fwiw.