Options

Studying A+ Certification?

SunamiSunami Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
As someone with a bachelors degree in another field and pretty decent understanding of computer from a software and general use perspective, what is the recommendation for studying for A+ certification if you are starting from the ground up? Books? Online? Local programs?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PaperclipPaperclip Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't actually have an A+, but I have looked at the material.

I don't think you actually have to go to a classroom, which would probably be the most costly option.

Honestly I would probably start with books and just having some old computers that you can take apart and put back together. Then when you feel comfortable with that material, get some practice tests (a lot of them have options where you can either subscribe to it online for x time period, or pay more to download it and have it indefinitely) and see how you do and what areas you could study more from your books and lab.

Good luck!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I started the A+ knowing very little about computers. It is a great place to start. I would get a computer that you can break down and fix. Get the Mike Myers A+ book, which covers all 4 exams. Do the exercises in the book. A+ has a lot of older material that could be tested on.