Are evening/weekend jobs out there?

loss4wordsloss4words Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I have a job that I love but it's not secure and I can't afford being let go and be without work at all. So I'm starting to look into second shift or maybe even weekend work doing helpdesk/technical support stuff but can't seem to find anything at all. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places? Are these jobs available at all?

Thanks.

Comments

• WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Yes, but as with any job search, it depends on where you are looking and who you know. If you are looking to change career then working for free will get you in somewhere for sure. If you can keep earning and get IT experience on the side it will do you wonders. Start doing IT certifications to backup your experience, however little it may be. It's not easy but then the something worth going for usually never is.
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Try doing a normal job search sometimes you'll get one with off hours. I once interviewed for a position where the normal hours were from 11 AM to 8 PM. Looking back I'm glad I didn't take the job that would of ruined my day.

Big companies with 24/7 operations usually offer these kind of jobs from my experience.
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE