Options

So I'm taking this weekend CCNA class in San Diego. . .

petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
Okay, I'm doing what I said should be a last resort, but because I'm almost at that point-- I'm taking a weekend CCNA boot camp with IT Mentor the first weekend of June. I was originally slated to take the class back in March, but got clobbered with a severe respiratory infection that would have had me in class hacking and wheezing. So the instructor was nice enough to schedule another class to accomodate. He did ask that I try to get people from work to go, but since there are few folks in my department out here (and of them, even fewer would be interested) I'm going to mention it here (plug, plug).

As a little background-- started down the CCNA road four years ago. Passed INTRO but then got clobbered by both the composite and the ICND. Given the state of the economy, I thought it best that I bolster my networking skillset ASAP, but didn't have enough confidence that I'd be able to pass the exam(s) without help. So I signed up for the class.

The class provides Lammle's book, I bought Bryant's materials and I still have my old Cisco Press Odom books handy. I was able to pass CCENT without help, but I think I will likely need the class to get enough grounding in advanced topics like STP and VLANs. We'll see what happens. . .
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
--Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    MzmiMzmi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, I too am at a last resort and have been considering IT Mentor. I am on the east coast so the travel arrangements will cost a pretty penny. From your experience did the weekend bootcamp provide essential training for a newbie? Or was it designed for experienced IT professionals?
    I see it has been years since you attended, but I appreciate any advice or comment.
    Thanks!