Failed

50 Questions
Time allowed : 2 Hr 20 mins

Jesus Christ! it is the most difficult exam i had ever taken in my life.
80 % consisted of real life situations
i studied so hard..2 hours/day..used Sybex..MS book and also Exam Cram
i did alot of practice questions..including 50 from this site..about 400 questions i did
i still failed.
can someone tell me how i can pass this exam

Thanks.
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Best advice i can give you is to look at your score report. From there look at the areas that you got a bad score on and focus on those.

This is a harder exam than most people think. I personally did the Vista exam after joining this forum after seeing countless people fail the XP exam.

Best of luck and keep at it. I am sure you will get it next time.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    thanks..i will try harder this time.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • IkkaIkka Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I done the 70-290 first, it helped me the real life situations questions.
    I'm not saying to study for the 70-290 and then the 70-270 but like ULWiz said look at the score report and focus on your weak areas and try to work out why it's your weak area.
  • dsilenzidsilenzi Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hit the areas your weak in. Becuase, I think they will "jam" you again in those areas on a retake! They did it to me, and I failed! They do have your history in their database about you! I used several sources as well to study from! I think I will look at another source and just study from it on my weak areas only!
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just review your score sheet and retake it. I failed it my 1st try, studied and retook and passed it 2 days later
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You'll certainly get hit with question you never throught of with these MCSE exams.

Most of the time I tell people start with the MCDST and 70-620 exams before the 70-270. People who are familiar with XP in terms of desktop support can sometime be shocked by the exam and they get in there and see it from a administrative point of view.

Best I can tell you is read the Sybex book again, and run every lab.
    Read the Microsoft Press one as well, and do every lab. There are quite a few in there and all of them will be covered on way or another on the exam.
    For your questions... Trancender questions are a must. Dont' just google the answers that you don't get. Create a lab based around the concept.
    -Daniel