Options

ICND1 or ICND2 - which is harder?

ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
I passed the ICND1 with a 916 (am I allowed to say that?) and I felt good about it. However, I studied my butt off... all nighters cramming to get it all in.

Anyway, I'm about 1/2 way through the videos for the ICND2 test and things don't seem to be as complicated.

For those veterans who've taken it, would you consider the ICND2 an easier test than the ICND1?

Maybe I'm just hoping... :)

Thanks!
-Paul

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Grats on the ICND1.

ICND2 builds on the information of ICND1 so yes, you can expect it to be harder.

It is however, more focussed than ICND1 which could be considered a broad grounding of networking concepts. This means you should be able to focus on one specific topic at a time which should make learning it easier.

You can expect the sims to be more detailed and the questions to require a lot more thought.

Good Luck
    Kam.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Grats on the ICND1.

ICND2 builds on the information of ICND1 so yes, you can expect it to be harder.

It is however, more focussed than ICND1 which could be considered a broad grounding of networking concepts. This means you should be able to focus on one specific topic at a time which should make learning it easier.

You can expect the sims to be more detailed and the questions to require a lot more thought.

Good Luck

Agreed.

I thought icnd2 was alot better to study than the icnd1. Lot more fun too with more labbing etc.

Good luck. If you study hard you will take it.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    I got a lower score on ICND2. ACLs and NAT were big concepts!

Keep your chin up :D
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I put in about the same amount of study time for each exam. I felt ready for both, so I don't think more studying would have gotten me a much better score on either exam. Since I scored slightly lower on the ICND2, I would say it was harder...
  • Options
    ptlinvaptlinva Member Posts: 125
    Wow, that's what I was looking for...

Everyone here is so awesome. Thank you for your time - not just answering my questions - but helping all kinds of people on here!

In fact, I now catch myself about 1/2 thru the night going...

"Oh shxx, I haven't gotten on techexams.net tonight!" <big grin>

..and the clicking begins... Thanks everyone!

Your friend,
    Paul