Options

70-649 passed

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
Just passed this one. I thought it was harder then the general concensus with a few very tricky questions. I used the Syngress book but mostly hands on and Technet, plus I was sent on a couple of the Microsoft courses in January. Make sure that you go through the various Windows 2008 step-by-step guides available to download from Microsoft - free! - these are very good resources and useful for lab work. Compared to the elation of completing the last exam for the MCSE I feel positively underwhelmed about completing this one lol :) I'm glad to get it done I suppose, I need a change from 'core OS' type exams and I just need to get the 70-647 out of the way.

Good luck to anyone doing this one. I feel that if you paid attention during the MCSE and learn the new features of 2008 thoroughly you'll do great. Claymoore has posted a couple of excellent resource posts (now stickies) recently for the individual exams and I'd recommend reading through these as part of your prep for the 70-649 too.

Scores were 940 for the AD part, 925 for the Networking and 820 for the Applications.

It'll probably be the VCP-310 next due to mounting pressure from work but I'll be reading the MS Press book for the 647 too with an aim to putting the MCITP Enterprise Admin to bed as soon as possible. (I know that vSphere is coming but work wants me to get the VI3 stuff done first....long long long story!)

As usual, thanks for all the helpful posts and support!

Now, where's my beer? ;)
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Slow down man, I'm never gonna catch up to you. icon_wink.gif

Congrats buddy! Good luck with the 70-647, I know it won't take you long.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    bertieb wrote: »
    I thought it was harder then the general concensus with a few very tricky questions.

That is not what I wanted to hear. I forgot to reschedule mine, and I'm stuck taking this today. I really haven't worked with this at all yet. I guess no-shows void the second shot, so I actually need to go there and fail icon_lol.gif

Glad you passed though!
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Congrats!

With those scores you should just take 647 this week and complete the MCITP:EA. 647 was one of the easier MS exams I have taken and I took it 2 weeks after 649 due to holidays. You can read my review here, and I wouldn't recommend putting this one off for very long - take it while the 649 info is fresh in your brain.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Claymoore wrote:
    Congrats!

With those scores you should just take 647 this week and complete the MCITP:EA. 647 was one of the easier MS exams I have taken and I took it 2 weeks after 649 due to holidays. You can read my review here, and I wouldn't recommend putting this one off for very long - take it while the 649 info is fresh in your brain.

I totally hear you, I'll try and squeeze it in but (and theres always a but) there is a lot going on personally towards the end of this month and early into next and the VCP will have to take priority due to work pressures. It just never stops does it? ;)

And thanks guys icon_thumright.gif dynamik, good luck! You will probably find it easier being a superhero ;)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    bertieb wrote: »
    I totally hear you, I'll try and squeeze it in but (and theres always a but) there is a lot going on personally towards the end of this month and early into next and the VCP will have to take priority due to work pressures. It just never stops does it? ;)

And thanks guys icon_thumright.gif dynamik, good luck! You will probably find it easier being a superhero ;)

I wish work pushed me into (and paid for) certs.

The only thing i get at work from accomplishing them is dirty looks from my coworkers that dont have them, and confused looks from other people who have no idea what it means.
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Congrats Mate

Knew you would clear this one with ease.

On to VCP for the rest of the year :)
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP