Options

coursework question

thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
Hi guys for my coursework we have had to setup a network for this network I just did the basic settings for the serial link just the ip address and description nothing more apart from the clock rate. However I have now got this question I was wondering if I could get advice

Can you identify a weakness in the serial link configuration provided? How could it be improved? Describe the commands necessary to make this improvement. What disadvantage might this improvement cause to the operation of a real network?

Comments

• Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    thomas130 wrote: »
    Hi guys for my coursework we have had to setup a network for this network I just did the basic settings for the serial link just the ip address and description nothing more apart from the clock rate. However I have now got this question I was wondering if I could get advice

Can you identify a weakness in the serial link configuration provided? How could it be improved? Describe the commands necessary to make this improvement. What disadvantage might this improvement cause to the operation of a real network?

Sounds like you want us to do your homework for you.

I would use PPP for production networking with auth (you could setup chap). I'll let you work out howto and why.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    Thanks I got all that sorted now

Thank you for pointing me the right direction :D
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It definitely sounds like homework, but I think it qualifies as IT training in this forum. Why don't you post the config, along with either a diagram or a more detailed description of the hardware involved, and we'll see if we can't walk you through the question to help you figure it out?

Edit:
    thomas130 wrote: »
    Thanks I got all that sorted now

Thank you for pointing me the right direction :D
    Never mind, then. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.