Options

Enabling RRAS as a VPN Server

Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am trying to test out RRAS as a VPN Server in a lab environment. I have two VMWare sessions running. I'm basically doing some of the labs twice (one for each session). The lab requires 2 Local Area Connections. Both of my VMWare sessions only have one though. When I try to configure a server as a VPN server, it gives me an error saying "Less than two network interfaces were detected on this machine. For standard VPN server configuration at least two network interfaces need to be installed. Please use the custom configuration path instead."

Is there a way to install a psuedo local area connection or something? What's the best way to get around this?

Thanks in advance!
Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What VMware product are you using? You can add additional NICs in most, if not all of their products.
  • Options
    I'm using VMWare Workstation 6.0.4.

• Options
    Yea, just go to the VM settings and click the add button and add a second NIC.
  • Options
    LOL! I didn't know it was that easy. I'll be trying it once I get back from vacation.

Thanks for letting me know! :)

• Options
    You don't bring your materials with you on vacation? You're not very dedicated... ;)
  • Options
    I should have. I was going through RRAS withdrawl. ;) LOL!!