Options

what next for me?

Libero78Libero78 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am going to have an exam for 70-291 next week, and then my mcsa will be complete.

i did:
70-210
70-290
70-291
70-236
also i have CCNA wich is going to expire in 2010
and VCP infrastructure 3.5

I am really i doubt about what im going to do next, i could go for MCSE or i could go for the other modules of exchange 2007, also renewng my CCNA or CCDA or doing on of the CCNP exams sounds intresting.
what would be the best choice, when looking to the market demand, carreer opertunities. i am also open to other propositions.
Cogito Ergo Sum

Comments

• Options
    SynthrosSynthros Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It really depends on what you want to do with your career. If you want to work with Microsoft servers, the MCSE is probably your next logical step. If you're more interested in the networking side of things, CCNP would be a good route to take.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Finish the MCSE and the Exchange tracks icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're already interested in doing CCDA or CCNP, then I definitely think you should take one of those exams instead of doing a retake of the CCNA, since they would renew it anyway. As for the rest of the Exchange 2007 exams, and possibly moving forward from Windows Server 2003 to 2008, that's a matter of preference on your part. My advice: finish up the MCSE track, take your CCDA, then make a choice of which direction you want to go after that.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To go along with Slowhand, identify what you have an interest in and proceed from there. Of the certs which you mentioned, the CCNP will get you more money. Money isn't everything though. Did you like the networking stuff you have studied more or less than the system admin stuff?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Finish the MCSE and the Exchange tracks icon_thumright.gif

you sure ?
    is microsoft administration going to have a bright future? everything is going into the cloud, my current employer is going to outsource several of its applications to 'saas' meaning less servers to manage. i think maybe networking is going to be more important in the future? and maybe linux has its golden years before it. or maybe i should go virtual all the way......
    Cogito Ergo Sum
  • Options
    Libero78 wrote: »
    everything is going into the cloud

Doesn't someone still have to engineer and administer all of that? ;)
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Doesn't someone still have to engineer and administer all of that? ;)

ofcourse, but then we will need only 10% of the windows engineers we have now. the other 90% should go look for a real job like flipping burgers or be a plummer. dont you think networking has a better future?
    Cogito Ergo Sum
  • Options
    I don't think those statistics are accurate, nor is every service going to go to the cloud anyway.

If you want to pursue networking, go for it. You don't need to convince me :D
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    you sure ?
    is microsoft administration going to have a bright future? everything is going into the cloud, my current employer is going to outsource several of its applications to 'saas' meaning less servers to manage. i think maybe networking is going to be more important in the future? and maybe linux has its golden years before it. or maybe i should go virtual all the way......
    Sounds like someone's been reading too much Wired. icon_lol.gif
    ofcourse, but then we will need only 10% of the windows engineers we have now. the other 90% should go look for a real job like flipping burgers or be a plummer. dont you think networking has a better future?
    Waaay too much Wired, definitely. Keep in mind, Xerox has yet to deliver on their promise from the 80's of a completely paperless office, Linux has yet to make good on their promise from the 90's of destroying Microsoft, and Apple has yet to become the undisputed leader in home computer sales in the new millennium. No matter what the hype, (I'm looking at you, quantum-computing,) this industry moves at its own pace and in its own direction, its course ever-so-slightly altered by innovations and market-acceptance of standards and new technologies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.