Options

Studying for ICND2... any time limit or min experience needed?

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

Just saying hi again. Im studying for my ICND2 now. Passed the ICND only a few weeks back. I thought I was going to continue my Microsoft track but my employer sees differently from I the way I do.

Anyway, I know the ICND2 is the next exam, but how hard do you guys think it is and what is the minimum amount of years experience and studying do you guys think will be suitable???

Thanks for all the help!!!
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You said your boss wants you to pursue the test - so does that mean you're getting hands-on at work? If so, you can probably be ready in a few months if you study the course materials. If my boss was pushing me towards a cert, I would ask if the company would pay for a class or a bootcamp for the CCNA. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Good luck with your studies!

:)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I know the ICND2 is the next exam, but how hard do you guys think it is
    1.8 times harder than ICND1..... but it may seem easier than that if you learned the ICND1 material really well.

If you have the Cisco gene, then the exams may actually seem to get easier as you move up the Cisco Certification Pyramid.
    and what is the minimum amount of years experience
    If you mean actual work experience, then ZIP, NADA, ZERO.... It's helpful if you have some, but it's not required.

Now when you're looking for job, the more you have, the better.
    and studying do you guys think will be suitable???
    2.5 weeks to 6+ months -- depending on your knowledge and experience prior to starting your studies, and your motivation and dedication during study, and the number of neurons you're able to allocate to this certification. Your mileage may vary.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!!!

Situation is as follows...

I will self study until the trainer comes from Australia (Thanks netwurk, I am getting trained by the company and I have access to an unlimited supply of routers, patch cables etc at work). The training course is where I will get the official ICND2 book from Cisco, right now I am just reading the exam blueprint and revising the topics that are covered on the ICND1.

Thanks mikej412!!! That really was a great reply coz I could probably close this thread coz you answered everything I needed to know!!!

Thanks Guys for all the help!!!
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...