Dial Up Networking

I have my exam booked for two weeks time, so (hopefully) plenty of reading time ... One area that I feel as though I am weak on is Dial-Up Networking/VPN/etc.

I have the Sybex book which goes into quite a lot of detail, but all the practice exams I have taken (the one on this site, MC MCSE, Bosun, MSCRAM2) don't place much emphasis on this area ...

I know I should know it anyway, and will read up on it but are there many questions in this area on the real exam?

Comments

• lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I had a couple questions on my exam last week in that area, but they were geared more towards security. Understand that XP is touted to be more secure out of the box than 2000 and MS is certainly stressing this. By including it on the exam (and therefore having us study it to pass) it kinda makes us salesmen in the real world.

If you don't know/when to enable Smart Card verification, EAP or MS-CHAP you have two weeks to learn it. I can almost gaurantee you will see it when you sit.

A simple dialup question you will not see. Too easy. No change from 2000. The key is testing candidates on the new stuff, as well as the advertised stuff.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Two words

MSChapv2
    EAP
  • woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Thanks - will get reading!