Options

Passing Thoughts

ian gian g Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
'Passed with a 936 this morning. The test was A LOT harder than I thought it would be. When I clicked for the last time, I really wasn't sure which way it would go. Anyway that's that out of the way.
Some thoughts:
I did 290 and 291 before this, and that helped me a lot. Although there was not a lot of overlap on the test questions - maybe a couple of share/ NTFS permissions problems - I was able to skip entire sections of the MS press book because I'd already covered the material. Reading this very thick book cover to cover is otherwise a very daunting task, especially as the material is so dry for people who use XP every day.
The Trancenders practice tests were very good, but as I mentioned elsewhere, the question bank is quite small so it's easy to start believing that you're doing fine, when in fact you're just remembering the answers.
I'm thinking about taking Security+ to finish up my MCSA, since it will count toward an MCSE should I go that route. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Would an MS elective such as SQL or messenger bear greater weight when applying for jobs?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll definitely be more versatile if you have some SQL and/or Exchange experience. Security+ does cover some good material though. You can always do both :D

Congrats on the pass!