Options

Enabeling terminal monitoring

mohdhyderhasmohdhyderhas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Experts,

Any idea how to enable active terminal monitoring on telnet or console sessions.

As in Cisco we use << Router# terminal monitor >> to see any interface or protocol neighborship flaps.

thanks.

Hyder

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi hyder,

i dont exactly know the same command on junos,
    but i use "traceoptions file file_name" & "traceoptions flag flags" command under specific config, and issue "run monitor start file_name" or you can just pick a process to be monitor.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    mohdhyderhasmohdhyderhas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi hyder,

i dont exactly know the same command on junos,
    but i use "traceoptions file file_name" & "traceoptions flag flags" command under specific config, and issue "run monitor start file_name" or you can just pick a process to be monitor.

HTH.

Hi friend,

thanks for reply. I per my knowledge we use traceoptions protocols its like typical debugging ( debugging in cisco ).

sometime we loose neighborship or interface flaps which we will not come to know untill we check it manually. is there any trace options which aletrs and critical related to all protocol and interfaces.

thanks,

Hyder
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi hyder,

i think there are specific modifiers for the traceoptions flag,
    so you can choose which output you would like to see.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    normally the notification of the state of your protocols is a function of SNMP or NetConf since more then likely you won't have an operator looking at a terminal screen all day.

But with that being said what you can do is define a file under each protocol's traceoptions that is named the same and then flag state in the traceoptions. This will allow you to run the "monitor start <log>" command, like rossonieri mentioned, which will update the terminal screen when any state changes occur on any protocol that you have configured on the router.

So the config for the traceoptions for each protocol would look something like this.
        traceoptions {
            file protocols;
            flag state;
        }

"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender