Options

More 70-649 Action

After noticing it has been too long I took a crack at 70-649 this morning. I was spurred on by the recent posts and the fact second shot expires at the end of June :D

I felt the exam went very bad towards the end but was pleased with the shock pass, break down of the score goes like this:

70-643 – 880
70-640 – 880
70-642 – 925

So that an 880 all in all :D

I used the CBT Nuggets and flipped frantically through the MASSVIE Syngress book last night.

Oh well going to enjoy my week off now icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    I am preparing for the test now and have it scheduled for June 25th. I am using the CBT Nuggets as well and bought ExamForce for questions and it's adaptive abilities so I can find the areas I am weak at and work and target those areas.

Were the CBT Nuggets pretty helpful for you then?

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Were the CBT Nuggets pretty helpful for you then?

I learn well by watching CBT Nuggets and having a lab up and running. I hate class rooms and the size of that Syngress book scared me half to death icon_wink.gif

CBT Nuggets are good but I think you will need to put in the lab time.
  • Options
    pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    I agree 100% with you that CBT Nuggets are a good tool but I need to build in my lab and follow along with them and then test anything I don't thoroughly understand in my home lab. This is the best way to prepare and use the product. I can't remember everything I read but I can remember when I get to navigate through an OS or software and and learn the best that way.

I definitely have been and will continue with the lab time.

Thanks for the advice

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! I'm going to schedule this the 15th to try it out. How long ago did you take your MCSE?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    congrats! I'm going to schedule this the 15th to try it out. How long ago did you take your MCSE?

I was a 2000 MCSE then upgraded to 2003 in March last year (2008 ). In fact [looking MCP transcript] looks like I was "certified" March 2004 icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Nice scores! Maybe one of these days I'll break into the 900s as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    I was a 2000 MCSE then upgraded to 2003 in March last year (2008 ). In fact [looking MCP transcript] looks like I was "certified" March 2004 icon_lol.gif

Oh okay, nice! well congrats again.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    1fastvx1fastvx Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□

post_old.gif Today, 09:15 AM #16 (permalink)
    By chance did you get any subnetting or IPV6 questions? I am trying to decide how much time to towards that section.

The CBT nuggets videos dont even touch on those areas, so I was wondering if they focused on those questions at all?

Thanks,

John

post_old.gif Today, 09:15 AM #16 (permalink)
    By chance did you get any subnetting or IPV6 questions? I am trying to decide how much time to towards that section.

The CBT nuggets videos dont even touch on those areas, so I was wondering if they focused on those questions at all?

Thanks,

John

By chance did you get any subnetting or IPV6 questions? I am trying to decide how much time to towards that section?

The CBT nuggets videos don't even touch on those areas, so I was wondering if they focused on those questions at all?

Thanks,

John

stupidboy wrote: »
    After noticing it has been too long I took a crack at 70-649 this morning. I was spurred on by the recent posts and the fact second shot expires at the end of June :D

I felt the exam went very bad towards the end but was pleased with the shock pass, break down of the score goes like this:

70-643 – 880
    70-640 – 880
    70-642 – 925

So that an 880 all in all :D

I used the CBT Nuggets and flipped frantically through the MASSVIE Syngress book last night.

Oh well going to enjoy my week off now icon_cool.gif