Options

Need help with local policy on Vista

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
I run Vista(unfortunatly) and IE7...there are some policies on our network that I can control, and some that I cannot, but can still view. I am a local admin of the machine.

I like to keep my favorites organized in a certain order. However, every 30 minutes or(maybe longer, but also after logoff/logon) the list gets mixed up, and then also there a bunch of links and folders that get added. I delete them, but they always seem to come back. I checked in gpedit, but can't find anything. I also looked in the registry, with nothing....

This is so aggravating...I call the higher level support, and they said they have no idea and it's not "mission critical", so they closed my ticket...

Anyone know where else I could look to possibly stop this from happening...

Thanks..
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Run RSOP.msc on your Vista workstation. (I think that's still available in Vista, I'm stuck on XP here)
    Go to User Configuration - Windows Settings - Internet Explorer Maintenance - URLs - Favorites and Links

Now you can see the folders and links created by goup policy, the policies that created them, the precedence order, and the placement order. It won't help you change anything, but at least you can identify the policies. Local policies in Vista are at the back of the line, so any changes there won't help you either.
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ----> as Claymoore said.

It certainly sounds like you have a group policy applying. If no RSOP, try gpresult.

BTW - Whats wrong with Vista?? :) I like it!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Vista sucks. UAC sucks. The white fade out screen sucks. The stupid welcome / please wait circle sucks....I bless myself and thank the Lord I have multiple copies of XP on disc. I will never use Vista unless I am forced to, like I am at work. Vista is almost as horrible as Win ME....

I'll try running RSOP when I get in today...forgot about that...

Thanks...
    i remain, he who remains to be....