Options

Failed - 640/1000

abyss5150abyss5150 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wow...that test was pretty damn hard. I breezed through the 290 & 291 without any issues. I had to rush on the last 20 or so questions just to finish in time. Finished with about 5secs to go. I am so afraid of this test now. Not even sure how I am going to ever pass it. My spirit is officially crushed! I had several sims and several drag/drop. I recall Templates, GPO, disabling web something or other through policy, CA, RAS, NLB, Cluster and IPSEC. I also had a couple really weird IP addressing questions. 9/10 of the questions were a full page of reading and worded terribly. This is by far one of the worst tests I have ever taken. I feel like it doesn't test your knowledge at all. UGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I ran out of time my frist attempt at this exam as well. The trick to bouncing back is confidence, you only missed it by like 3 questions. Your next time you will manage your time better, I did. You will also know the material better. Don't let it get you down, review your weak areas and the 2nd time won't be as scary. Now study up and go GET SOME!
  • Options
    FishOnAH wrote: »
    I ran out of time my frist attempt at this exam as well. The trick to bouncing back is confidence, you only missed it by like 3 questions. Your next time you will manage your time better, I did. You will also know the material better. Don't let it get you down, review your weak areas and the 2nd time won't be as scary. Now study up and go GET SOME!

Thanx for the vote. The problem is......I was ready (so i thought). I knew the material, I just felt like there was not enough time and that they pulled questions out of the sky that I did not see during my studies. I have no option but to take it again, it is a requirement for my college. I'll get right back on it and keep you guyz updated.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Don't worry too much, even people with many years experience fail these exams. As mentioned you only failed by like 3 questions, so keep at it. Study the areas you were weak in. Make sure you go through all the labs in your book. You'll get it next time.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. MS exams are definitely wordy. At the school where I got my certs, they would give us some scratch paper. I would make a list of all the questions. As I went through the exam I would put a check mark by the ones I knew I got right. Sometimes its easier to go through and answer the obvious or shorter questions and then come back to the wordier ones.
    Another trick I've used is to read the last section of the question, then the answers, then read the whole question. Most of the questions are filler, try to pick out the key points
    Both of these tricks have worked for the 11 exams I've taken.
  • Options
    I was pretty much doing just that. I guess I didn't realize that I only missed it by 3 questions. 1000/50=20 so I guess I wasn't that far away. I guess I was thinking that missing it by 40 was really far off. I'll get back on the horse and take another shot.
  • Options
    Edited: Deleted
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    You signed an NDA (non disclosure agreement) which means you are not suppose to talk about what was on the exam.

About the only thing I can tell you if your having trouble with a particular question that you remember on the exam is to try to and break it down. So go to that particular section on your server and take a closer look and dig a little deeper.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)