Options

Simulator for "70-640 Windows 2008 AD" recommendations?

pghtechpghtech Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am looking for any recommendations of test/lab simulator of the windows 2008 server AD 70-640.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Your best bet is going to be to install Virtual PC or another virtualization solution and build a test environment with virtual machines. You can download a 180 day trial version of Windows Server 2008 from Microsoft.
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    I used VMWare workstation/server to pass this exam. Works a treat.

Make up questions and then do them. You won't be far off what Microsoft want if you do that as that's all I did.

BTW these are just questions I am making up.. nothing to do with any exam stuff...but this is how I studied and passed 83-640. Think of a topic and then make up a question. You won't go too wrong this way.

Example:

1. Create a domain trust between your domain and ad.contoso.com (can be known as a shortcut trust if a forest trust already exists with contoso.com)

2. Setup dns scavenging within your dns server. set scavenging for xxx days.

3. Setup a PSO for users within the executives OU within your AD (an example of ADSIEDIT functionality... )

That's just three examples... I am sure you can come up with a heap more. Think real to life type stuff (I use it everyday so maybe I have an advantage) but that's the sort of stuff you should be thinking of.

Practice heaps, I did and I passed the 83-640. It's a good feeling when you get this one away :)
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete