Options

70-290 passed!!

SneakyStevieSneakyStevie Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Long time board watcher, but today, I passed my 70-290. I got a 748, which is fine because all I wanted to do is pass.

I used the MS Press study guide, and the notes from the board. The MS practice test was much much harder than the actual exam. The exam was a lot more straight forward, and it doesn't bog you down with a bunch of useless information.

I had 40 questions, multiple choice single answer, and 4 simulators. There were a lot of user configuration, account troubleshooting and permission questions.

See you on the 70-291 boards!!

Comments

• Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass SS. I am not sure I will care either what my score will be on this either, as long as I pass and get this monkey off my back.

But tonight...gonna take a study break, listen to a good band, see some old friends, and drink some good beer. and then back to studying tomorrow
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Good luck with the Beast.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    How do you even take the MS Press test? That test is HARD. If you did good on that one, you have my respect. Either way, congratulations on passing the 290. Time to slay the beast!
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats on the pass! And yes, the practice questions in the MS Press book were BRUTAL in comparison to the real thing...I'm so glad the questions aren't a page long anymore!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion