Options

Advise pls.

vijainarayanvijainarayan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im intrested in completing MCDST. I am aware there are 2 exams. Can any one suggest effective way of studying 70-271 exam.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MZGMZG Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I have just completed the first of my MCDST exams this morning, passing with my first attempt. :D

I recommend the Exam Cram books, they are reasonably priced and contain Measure-Up practice exams also. These exams are actually far more difficult than the real thing, in my experience at least, and this helps. The second thing I would recommend is to look through and keep checking this forum, it helped me a lot, I was looking at it last night to see which categories were most likely to come up on the test. I did a bit of last minute cramming on these and can safely say that it gave me 4 or 5 correct answers in the exam today.

Good luck and thanks to everyone who helped me.
  • Options
    dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I posted this in another thread but this strategy worked for me:

I used the MS Press book and MS Press tests on the CD that came with it, also the Transcender tests which are harder and worded differently. My study strategy is to read the book, make notes, copy out the notes over and over and take the practice tests over and over, couple hours a day for a month to two months for each exam.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dan gave some good advice. I have a method that I employ for my tests. I always use the MS Press books because they come with MeasureUp and I also buy the corresponding test from SefTest or Transcender. Assuming you have some experience…

1. Begin with the MeasureUp test. Take the test quickly. Either you know the answer or you do not. Do not guess. Print every question you got wrong and use these to create lab scenarios and to know which chapters in the book to study or review. Use Technet MSDN or anything you can (except ****, of course) to understand the answers.
    2. Repeat this for a few weeks. Take a test like this every few days. Performing labs is very important to this phase.
    3. Once you feel prepared enough begin taking a long test as if it were the actual exam using SelfTest or Transcender. Print your errors as you did before and study them.

I suggest 4 to 5 practice tests in the week before the exam to give yourself a good indication of how you will do.