Options

ICND1 Passed, Advices for ICND2 ...

nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,
I'm happy that I passed this exam. I got 846, not the greatest but its a pass. I am working on my ICND2 now and hope to schedule my exam before Euro Trip..so it must be on July 1 or 2.

1. When does the COMEBACK promo expires ? June 30 or July 30 ?
2. Any advices about ICND2 .. comparing to ICND1 ? is it more or less stuff to study ? did you find it easier or harder ..things like that.

NOW my feeback for ICND1.
1. I just study maybe 2.5 or 3 weeks about 3 hours max in average. not really much at all I went once throught the TRAIN SIGNAL video tutorial and took notes and then recap them once. I did this because most of the stuff about 70% I knew it before the tutorial and had experience with cisco routing etc etc I study in college about 2 years ..so I am a new graduate and that's why I said lets get the certification.

I know the score was not that great but at least know I know my weeknesses . WAN's big time :), IDS and some security stuff.. I am happy cuz I saw the score plus I know what I did not know.

Advices: Do know how to configure frame relay for WANs... I don't lol, some encapsulation question, IDS, types of attacks , not much subnetting but a bit.., what switches do when a frame is received. :)

Good luck guys and I will wait for some replies about the ICND2 :)

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I'd say ICND2 is the harder exam of the two, so step up your studies a bit over what you did for ICND1.

But ICND2 also builds on what you learned in ICND1 and should have even more things you can do "hands on" -- so it could be "more fun" than ICND1 and some of that ICND1 stuff should make more sense as you study for ICND2. And the more hands on lab work you do studying for the ICND2 exam, the easier it should get. :D

If you search the Cisco forums for COMEBACK2009 you should find a couple of the original threads that mention the date from the original email that went out. The last time I checked the Vue web site, they didn't have the end date listed on the web page.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats mate!

In terms of ICND2, I would say make sure to know about DLCI, Frame Relays and stuff. Another big one is routing protocols, you need to know how to run a common routing protocol across several sites.