Options

QoS on 2950...

snickeredsnickered Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to play with configuration on my old 2950. This guide Catalyst 2950 and Catalyst 2955 Switch Software Configuration Guide, 12.1(22)EA11 and Later - Configuring QoS [Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series Switches] - Cisco Systems says I should be able to do:

switch(config)#mls qos

Followed by lots of other neat things!! That isn't the case however. I get dirty things like:

2950(config)#mls qos
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

2950(config)#ml?
% Unrecognized command
2950(config)#ml

I can configure some basic QoS on each port like:

2950(config-if)# mls qos trust device cisco-phone

But I can't apply a service-policy, auto QoS isn't an option, etc...

The guide says it's good for "12.1(22)EA11 and later" and I have "12.1(22)EA13". So, what in the world am I doing wrong? I'm terribly afraid none of my test phones will have the proper bandwidth available at any given time to make test calls.

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You probably have an SI model, which prevents you from doing all of those other neat things. SI model QoS leaves ALOT to be desired. ALOT.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You probably have an SI model, which prevents you from doing all of those other neat things. SI model QoS leaves ALOT to be desired. ALOT.

This is correct - You really need the EI model switch to do anything useful. Unfortunately the limitations are hardware based = not as simle as an OS upgrade.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    jrs91jrs91 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I made the mistake of buying these once. You can use wrr-queueing and create an expedite queue for traffic already marked ef. That's about as good as it gets with an SI.

wrr-queue bandwidth x y z 0

the 0 is what creates an expedite queue. Everything else is handled in the wrr manner. You can't even see how many packets are going each queue, afaik. It's pretty ghetto.