Options

ICND1 Passed!!! Now on to ICND2!

bomber456bomber456 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just got back from my exam, and I passed with a score of 832!
Kinda dissapointed that it was a low pass, but just glad I didn't fail it! Spent 4 weeks roughly revising, using Cisco press books, CBT nuggets and trainsignal videos. Also have a degree (BEng Internet Technology & Networks 2:2) which I learned most of the hands on networking of cisco routers.
Aiming to sit the second half in about 3 weeks time, and hope its not too bad :)

Comments

• Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    congrats on the pass dude

i wouldnt worry too much about the score a pass is a pass =). 3 weeks isnt a long time though mate for ICND 2 there is a lot to learn and a lot of new concepts.
  • Options
    i've booked it for just under 3 weeks from today. thing is i've studied pretty much everything for the whole CCNA in my degree, just didn't bother taking the exam. But after been jobless since graduating i've decided to get it to give me more chance of getting a job i want (can't even get a helpdesk support job :S)
    After I pass the ICND2, i think ill do the A+ and then possibly some microsoft certs to get a more all round skill set! :)
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    ahh cool, ive just finished uni trying to get into the IT field aswell not really having much luck as of yet. Im trying to sort out my ICND 2 aswell its just finding the time for it.

Yeh i think its good to take other certs aswell gives you knowledge of all the other aspects of IT =)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Update your resume/cv with your CCENT and give it another go.... and then get back to the books icon_study.gif

For ICND2, the more hands on lab work you do, the better.

Hopefully some of the stuff from ICND1 will make more sense as your ICND2 studies progress.

You may have to kick up your study time and effort over what you did for ICND1, since ICND2 does build on what you learned in ICND1.....

That should about cover it.... Good Luck with ICND2 icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hehe, yeah will need to do more revising for it. during my 3 year course i did loads and loads and loads of hands on labs with real cisco gear from our uni's cisco lab, which was great and got me used to configuring the routers pretty good. so hopefully starting tomorrow i will get stuck in to my books and hopefully my new cisco press book will come :)
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!

icon_mrgreen.gif