70-270 retiring soon?

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this question has been asked before but quick question, is the exam 70-270 getting ready to retire anytime soon?

thanks!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No, the list is here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx

The exams seem to always go by the wayside at the end of March, so you'll have at least until then. MS is pretty good at giving notice, so you're not likely to be caught unaware.
  • kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Id expect the MCSE course exams to be gone by mid 2010.

Not the new ones (like 620) obviously, but the old 2003/xp stuff.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The 2000 exams just went away in March, 2008, so we might actually be looking at March, 2011 if they follow a similar time line.

I think it'll be good for the MCSE to be put to rest now that they've moved on to the new generation of certifications. I think the recognition of the MCITP is still far from the MCSE.
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    dynamik wrote: »
    I think the recognition of the MCITP is still far from the MCSE.

Agreed.

The MCSE path is likely a bit harder than the MCITP path. Whether its from long, ambiguous questioning or just some pretty in-depth material on a few of the exams. But the MCITP is the way of the future and it needs to be recognized by IT and non-IT (HR) people alike.

I dont know how many times I have to explain the the MCITP:EA is "Basically the MCSE for 2008" to people and they are just like "oh."

icon_redface.gif