Options

CCNA Exam Today... (my experience)!

peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
So today I was set to take the CCNA exam at 1pm. I actually called the test center to see if I could take the test at 9am. So I was able to come in and take th exam at 9. About midway through, I selected an answer to a question and the PC locked... I informed the proctor and clicked okay repeatedly until the test closed out. What ended up happening was a circuit blew and the switch that connected to my PC lost power. This ultimately caused my PC to lose connectivity... to make a long story short, the testing center has to file some type of irregularity report to VUE & Cisco. I'll have to take the test again next week.

The one good thing was I was able to see how the questions were worded, I honestly felt that I was cruising along though. So, no sweat off my back... I'll be ready to take it again once its blessed off by the powers to be!
We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    But do you get to take the rest of the day off (it's around Lunch Time Friday, right?) to plan out how to use your additional study time?

And perhaps some liquid motivation drunken_smilie.gif to brace yourself for a continued study effort icon_study.gif and make up for a lost celebration opportunity?

Good Luck next week!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Shame you had so many problems. At least none of them were your fault :) Good luck for next week.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    But do you get to take the rest of the day off (it's around Lunch Time Friday, right?) to plan out how to use your additional study time?

And perhaps some liquid motivation drunken_smilie.gif to brace yourself for a continued study effort icon_study.gif and make up for a lost celebration opportunity?

Good Luck next week!! icon_thumright.gif

Unfortunately I must return to work!

Thanks... I'll continue to study throughout the weekend. I look forward to having a liquid celebration next week...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Unfortunately I must return to work!

Thanks... I'll continue to study throughout the weekend. I look forward to having a liquid celebration next week...
    Fortunately, you have a job to return to.

The celebration drunken_smilie.gif is the hardest part, I think!
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That sucks you had so many issues, but at least they weren't your fault and you have to pay again!

If that happened to me, I'd be pissed. The closest center that I can take my exam is 2.5 hours away. So, I usually take 2 exams a trip, if I can. But, my next exam is the MS 291, and it may be my only one that day. Either that, or my ICND1, as it should be easy (I've been studying my ass off for both! I feel really confident on the ICND1, not so much on the beast...).