Encrypted files

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi Guys.

Wondering if anyone has come accross this one or could throw any light on this please?

All our laptops currently use offline folders that synch with their relevent server file shares. These are also encrypted in case the laptops ever go walkies.

Now the server that issues the certificates had to be rebuilt onto another box.

Now our problem is that when they logoff/on to our network they are getting access denied messages showing in the synchronization box. They can happily go to these files when connected to our nework and open them without an issue. I have also deleted all the temp/cached offline files etc on the laptops, checked the permissions etc, removed encryption ( they synch ok then ).

Now this access denied error happens when I create a new doc or modify/save one that is currently synching ok now. Soon as I modify/save it it stops synching.

Anyone any thoughts etc?? Even though its rebuilt fine does it somehow change the certificates etc??

Really welcome any help.

Thanks.
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you restore the certificate server or just build a new one? If it's all new, all the certificates that were issued by the old server would probably be invalid.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yikes icon_eek.gif

At least it was only the offline files...
  • amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    The original was backed up to tape. Full including system state and then restored to a different box.

Trying to find out if the certificates are changed because there on a different box?
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )