Oh Man!! Test on Monday..

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey fellas,

I don't post very often, but I do check things out quite a bit. Just thought I would share some questions, thoughts, and ideas with you all.

... After taking some time studying for the ICND2 exam I bit the bullet and scheduled to sit down and take it Monday am around 10:30...I'm still not sure if I'm ready or not, but I can tell you this....I am sick of studying. I have been doing a last minute refresher/cram course since Friday around 3pm. I have spent this entire weekend studying and testing myself.

Here is what I have used:

Cisco Press by Wendell Odom and the Boson that came on the CD. Man that guy is deep but thorough. The Boson is pretty in depth too.

Fast Pass by Todd Lamale..Not to impressed by this so save your $$$. It made for a good lab book when I was using Packet Tracer.

Packet Tracer versions 4 - 5.1 Great stuff.

Cisco PEC...The Avatar studies are great! If your place of work is a partner of Cisco, ask them about giving you access to the PEC area on Cisco. "Partner Education Connection"

I also used the Boson Netsim software.

Last but not least...this forum. You guys have been very beneficial in many ways. Knowledge, humor, and motivation for starters. When I go on breaks I hit this site up and do some reading. It is so cool to see some of you guys post a couple of days before the big day and take us through what is happening and if you pass or plan to take it a second time. (run-on sentence there, sorry) Well, hopefully this will be the last one, and then on to the voice part. I may even look at the CCDA also, not real certain about where to go from here. I guess I shouldn't count my chickens just yet. I need to pass this one first.

I feel like I understand everything pretty good, but I still have minor trouble with Extended ACLs and some NAT configs. (Hope I don't get to many sims on these)

I'm pretty nervous right now thinking about tomorrow, and was curious...What do you guys do to knock the nervousness out, or prepare yourself mentally while sitting down in front of the machine and getting ready to click on BEGIN? How do you begin your day of the big test? Thank you for all of your help and insight.
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    worldmac1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty nervous right now thinking about tomorrow, and was curious...What do you guys do to knock the nervousness out, or prepare yourself mentally while sitting down in front of the machine and getting ready to click on BEGIN? How do you begin your day of the big test? Thank you for all of your help and insight.

I am always nervous before and during an exam. Not sure why. I always schedule my exams for first thing the morning. I get up early and review some notes, get to the testing center early.

Keep an eye on the clock in the exam, and also what question # you are on. When I took the CCNA, I was so much in the zone, that I never even noticed that the exam told you the question number and the count down timer. When I hit next, it was done.....

Then when you hit complete.... I really get nervous waiting for the score.

Good luck
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Stop thinking about tomorrow icon_lol.gif

Or at least think about the celebration you'll have after the exam drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks fellas for your input...Time to let the dogs out and glance over a couple of things. Might grab some eggs and bacon while I'm at it, and then hit the road. I dreamed I overslept and missed the exam time by one hour last night. That would have really sucked. Anyway...Preesh the advice.

I'll post my results here a little later.
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck worldmac!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks fellas for your input...Time to let the dogs out and glance over a couple of things. Might grab some eggs and bacon while I'm at it, and then hit the road. I dreamed I overslept and missed the exam time by one hour last night. That would have really sucked. Anyway...Preesh the advice.

I'll post my results here a little later.

All the best for your exam worldmac! I have to say I had the exact same dream about oversleeping on my exam day.... Don't worry about it.. you will just be fine!
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Knock it out of the park!
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck. I am going to start studying the CCENT 1 this month. I plan to watch CBT Nuggets and I am going to try and read the CCENT Book from Ondall or whoever but man it is so boring the theory.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    thenjduke wrote: »
    I am going to try and read the CCENT Book from Ondall or whoever but man it is so boring the theory.

you have got to learn how to crawl, before you learn how to walk/run/sprint
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    Well....I'm back and survey says!
    821...Missed it by 4 lousy points. Guess I'll be hitting the books and the chapter end summaries one more time. I'll be taking it again next Monday. It kinda sucks, but I still feel pretty good with what I have retained. I feel like I don't have to far to go now.

Thenjduke...Keep your head down and take your time. Cisco is not easy for a reason. Once you grasp the theory, you will be on your way for sure.
    Thanks everybody!
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
    Well....I'm back and survey says!
    821...Missed it by 4 lousy points. Guess I'll be hitting the books and the chapter end summaries one more time. I'll be taking it again next Monday. It kinda sucks, but I still feel pretty good with what I have retained. I feel like I don't have to far to go now.

Thenjduke...Keep your head down and take your time. Cisco is not easy for a reason. Once you grasp the theory, you will be on your way for sure.
    Thanks everybody!

I thought 804 was passing..?? Anyways, Try using the offer code COMEBACK2009 for the free retake & tell us how that works out for you..

Good luck wid your retake!
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
    I'm back
    Use the COMEBACK2009 code when you register for your exam.... and we'll just pretend this was only a practice exam. :D
    adeetee wrote: »
    I thought 804 was passing..??
    That's why Cisco doesn't publish the passing score, since they are free to change it..... plus this was the ICND2 exam, er, practice test.
    Comeback2009 sounds sweet. I can't wait to take my exam for real this time!!
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • nasunasu Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i am also studying for the ICND2. How long did u prepare for it. How much did you get for your ICND1 .. so I can have a reference on how much I should prepare for it.

Thanks and good luck , hope you pass on Monday.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I need to start working on this exam!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    So close, just brush up on the things you had troubles with and then knock it out of the park! I hope the COMEBACK2009 promotion still works for ya! icon_thumright.gif
    Just signed up for the retake and I was able to use the comeback2009 promo code. I have rescheduled for Monday at 11:30am. Thanks for the good information guys!

Nasu- To answer your question, I made a 925 on ICND1, and my total study time, if you put it all together. is about 5 weeks for the ICND2. I've been at the books off and on for about 3 months total. There's been a lot of distractions for me since the weather has been nice.

I am feeling pretty good about the retake, and I cannot wait to replace the CCENT to CCNA on my autosig...Fellas have a good evening, and I'll holla' back atcha sometime in the afternoon Monday the 15th.
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    WAHHHHHHH TOO CLOSE, TOO CLOSE, this can eat one's heart out! Ur almost there my friend, just concentrate on the weak areas and let us hear that u NAILED IT!
    cerberos wrote: »
    WAHHHHHHH TOO CLOSE, TOO CLOSE, this can eat one's heart out! Ur almost there my friend, just concentrate on the weak areas and let us hear that u NAILED IT!

I know right??? Well, at least I know I'm not too far off. Hopefully I can study up on the weaknesses and pass this thing...I'm pretty excited to be honest with you. I was ready for a do-over the minute I got the "You Failed" at the end. Unfortunately I had to wait a week. Thank you for the support!
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
    worldmac1, u got a gifted high spirit, a lot of us fail and seems that the whole earth is narrower than the eye of a needle, keep being optimistic, such an attatude u have got can get u to high successes very easy. I'm sure u gonna get it in ur seconde shot, keep being optimistic, and my best wishes. icon_thumright.gif
    Well...It took me two Mondays to get these 4 little letters under my belt, but I finally did it!!

I am now CCNA!! I made an 890 on the ICND2 test, and was very worried near the end of it all. Thank you-Thank you-Thank you!!! to all of you and your info and your support!

Now off to the voice part. I purchased the Cisco Press book last Friday in hopes that I would pass the CCNA. Should be here in about 5-7 more days I guess. If anyone has some helpful tips on the Voice part, I am all ears...Guess I need to mosey on to the CCNA-Voice forum now. See you guys later, and thanks again!!!
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
    Well...It took me two Mondays to get these 4 little letters under my belt, but I finally did it!!

I am now CCNA!! I made an 890 on the ICND2 test, and was very worried near the end of it all. Thank you-Thank you-Thank you!!! to all of you and your info and your support!

Now off to the voice part. I purchased the Cisco Press book last Friday in hopes that I would pass the CCNA. Should be here in about 5-7 more days I guess. If anyone has some helpful tips on the Voice part, I am all ears...Guess I need to mosey on to the CCNA-Voice forum now. See you guys later, and thanks again!!!

Hey, thats awesome!! Congratulations!!
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
    Way to stick with it! icon_cheers.gif
    I am now CCNA!!
    Feels good, right? :D

Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    Congratulations dude icon_cheers.gif