MOM 2005 stuck on SQL instance

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I hope someone here had had experience with this.

I am trying to install MOM 2005 on a test server with SQL 2008 Dev Edition. I am having the issue described here. I have followed the advice and I get Windows Installer Help dialog box showing I am running installer 4.5.6001.22159. Here is my script:
C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe /i C:\mom05\MOMServer.msi /qn /l*v %TEMP% \MOMWorkgroupEdition.log ENABLE_ERROR_REPORTING=1 SQLSVR_INSTANCE=mwgdev ACTIONSUSER=administrator ACTIONSPASSWORD=******** ACTIONSDOMAIN=mwg MOM_2005_SP_INSTALL=1 MS_MPS=C:\mom05\ManagementPacks\Setup

Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had a space between the %temp% and \

But this has not helped me. Now I get nothing....
    I found the eval on the web and was able to install with my product key, so this does not seem to be an issue any more...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I doubt MOM 2005 is actually supported with SQL 2008 in any form
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    It works fine with SQL 2008. The problem was a well documented one. It was not actually related to the edition of SQL at all.