Options

70-640 - Oops...

msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I've had an absolutely crazy schedule the past month and a half. Lots of family things that came up, a couple trips in there as well. Classes picked up full swing again as I finish up my last round of classes to complete my B.S. requirements. Add in some unexpected illnesses that passed through our family and fast forward to today.

I have the 70-640 scheduled for 1PM tomorrow. This is after re-scheduling for it's original date in May that I realized early on in May was unrealistic since I was behind with my studies for it. I basically only went through maybe 6 or 7 chapters of the MS Press book and some of the first Trainsignal DVD - unfortunately mostly stuff I'm already familiar with. Too late to reschedule at this point, going to have to go in there and wing it.... maybe I'll be able to pull a "dynamik" :D

At least this was the free voucher I got through the MS Dreamspark promotion, so if I don't pass it'll be a free "practice" exam I suppose. I completely forgot about this creeping up, was away from my work computer and my BB Storm died and had to be replaced so I never got my Outlook reminder until I hopped on my home PC, great reminder for something you've forgotten about to see at 10:30PM the night before the exam :D

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Godspeed, Grasshopper icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Oops is right... 538.

At least it was a free voucher, just a shame I wasn't able to fit in study time and let the voucher go to waste although at least now I have an idea of what MS really seems to hit hard on the exam.

I can't wait until the next 9 weeks are done and over with so I can be done with classes and focus on studying. School, work, and the family really don't leave much room for time lately.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ouch, sorry to hear about that icon_sad.gif

Oh well, hopefully you'll get that time thing all sorted out before our Chicago get-together. I'll buy you a condolence beer :D
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Wow.....

Good thing it was free! icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    Jordus wrote: »
    Wow.....

Good thing it was free! icon_redface.gif

For sure... I would have been pretty upset at myself (at least a lot more than I am now) for forgetting about it.

Lesson learned though I guess. I felt that scheduling an exam prior to really beginning heavy studies on it would be would give me the motivation to really steam ahead with the studies, and it did to a point but other things kept popping up.

I probably would have done a heck of a lot better if I wouldn't have wasted the time reading the beginning chapters I got through as well as starting from the beginning with the Trainsignal videos and focused more on the things I didn't have some exposure to in 2003 environments. More specifically I should have studied AD CS to begin with... that kicked my butt the most.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Oops is right... 538.

At least it was a free voucher, just a shame I wasn't able to fit in study time and let the voucher go to waste although at least now I have an idea of what MS really seems to hit hard on the exam.

I can't wait until the next 9 weeks are done and over with so I can be done with classes and focus on studying. School, work, and the family really don't leave much room for time lately.
    Ouch, sorry man! icon_sad.gif But at least you got a free practice shot at the exam and now you can know what to focus on for your next go. Don't let it get you down - you've kinda had your hands full lately, hopefully things will settle down a bit for you once school is over. (Although I find it a little funny that you said you'll focus on studying *after* school is done...are you just that cool that you don't need to study for your classes? icon_wink.gif)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Oops is right... 538.

Such as life sheinhibler, I failed server 2003 exam 3 times due to not enough study, I have 3 kids under 5 and if things were different and I never met my current partner and never had kids ide sure be MCSE at least, dont ever wish that though cos I love my kids dearly

Just adds another dimension to an even more busy life, study always comes last

I start studying for this Monday and would love to be ready for it in 4 weeks
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Same boat here mate... 3 kids and a wife

Managed to get 83-640 away, but cramming for 642 at the moment as I got a freebie voucher for it but has be to used by the end of June. It's fun when your life has family commitment which are really more important.

But it's good as we both work full time, both study, both manage to get to the kids sports and both of us seem to go ok but it does put pressure on things.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete