Options

Anyone have any feedback on Konica printers?

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
Hi,

I am currently going through the task of looking to upgrade all our organisations printers. Currently we are in an AWFUL contract agreement that is CPP based and we are paying 8cents a copy of B+W!!!!!!!! 8 CENTS!! Anyways we have around 18 months to go and other companies are starting to look into it now as they can probably buy our contract out.

Currently i am dealing with someone who deals in the Konica brand of printers. Konica Minolta Develop Ineo solution to be exact. The solution includes;

Ineo 500, Ineo 420, Ineo 350, Ineo+451, Ineo+353.

Unfortunately i know nothing of the Konica brand. I have only ever used Lexmark (Awful!) Laniers and Xerox's which i find to be the best. I would really love to get some feedback if anyone has dealt with or users these devices within thier organisation.

Comments

• Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    We have Konica here however I can't offer much in the way of how well they work from a support perspective. At my last company I believe we had a contract with Rabbit and paid around $.02 for B&W and around $.08 for color. I don't recall what type of printers we had but our Help Desk team seemed to like them as they were sturdy and did not break too often. You may want to contact them to see if thay have Konica printers.
  • Options
    Danny_1983Danny_1983 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We have around 10 konica bizhubs c451 and c551 dotted around our patch and they seem okay. They seem to handle jobs quite well especially when throwing alot at it (booklet's, stapling, folding scanning)

Just ensure you get a good support contract with it, when they go wrong they seem to jam fairly spectactulary so i'm glad i can just call the company up to come fix it :)
  • Options
    nielpeelnielpeel Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There is a bizhub and numerous magicolors where I work - the magicolors get a real hammering and although slow to warm up they have been very robust and reliable.

Not the cheapest printers to run if you stick to OEM consumables, but as some of ours reach end of life we are using remanufactured toners which are half the price, and quality seems almost as good as OEM (wish we'd switched over sooner!).

General print quality is very sharp, with nice bright colours.
    "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

WIP: 70-284

Then: no more 2003 stuff, Win7 here we come!