Options

Checking in... (ICND2 Studying)

drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
I made it through my first read of Odom's ICND2 book. I generally feel blown away and only about 50% comfortable with the content. That's ok though, I always feel like that when reading Odom's stuff.

My remaining study plan:

1. Finish typing my notes from the reading, and highlight areas that I know I am weak in for further review.

2. Begin hands on exercises with all major topics (NAT, IPv6, frame relay, routing protrocols, STP, etherchannel, etc.).

3. Take tests on CD-ROM, note areas of weakness for further study.

4. Final study review and take test

My wife wants another baby, so it's time to kick the tires and light the fires! Hopefully I can finish off #1 today.

Andrew

Comments

• Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    drew2000 wrote: »
    I made it through my first read of Odom's ICND2 book. I generally feel blown away and only about 50% comfortable with the content. That's ok though, I always feel like that when reading Odom's stuff.

My remaining study plan:

1. Finish typing my notes from the reading, and highlight areas that I know I am weak in for further review.

2. Begin hands on exercises with all major topics (NAT, IPv6, frame relay, routing protrocols, STP, etherchannel, etc.).

3. Take tests on CD-ROM, note areas of weakness for further study.

4. Final study review and take test

My wife wants another baby, so it's time to kick the tires and light the fires! Hopefully I can finish off #1 today.

Andrew

I feel that hand writing my notes I retain more, as I can type without even thinking about what I'm typing.

You just need to know the basics of IPv6 and etherchannel, but know NAT and frame relay cold as well as OSPF & EIGRP.

Good luck with your studies and trying for baby ( trying is the best part ;) )
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    blackninja wrote: »
    I feel that hand writing my notes I retain more)

I actually do both. In college I took paper notes of course, and then would go back and type them later as a reinforcement. That worked really well for college and has helped me with self study.

Thanks for the luck on the baby and the tips on topics to reinforce.

Drew