Options

Taking this exam 6/17 (Wednesday)

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
I think I am about ready to take on the beast! I studied a lot of the MS PressBook and used Transcender for practice testings. The only thing I am leaving out is labs. I feel with my professional experience I can do fine without labbing (at least for the first attempt)

I mainly focused on DNS and Subnetting (refreshing my memory a whole lot)

I know I may have to brush up on RRAS a bit more.

Also, I saw some posts saying that the exam has questions on WSUS 3.0. Im not to clear on what the difference is between this version and the other ones. Transcender had a few questions on WSUS..but the MS book didnt have any of the chapters on this. Am I studying the right version? Now is it a whole lot of questions? Can someone provide me with like a question or scenario on what is given on the test that has to do with WSUS 3.0?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    Used the same resources you did, if you can score 85 to 90 on each of the preset tests on transcender you should pass with no problem.
    Do a search on technet for wsus 3.0 and just look over the articles, it should be enough along with what's covered on transcender for wsus, most of the premises for wsus 2.0 seem to carry over to the newest version.
  • Options
    Cool thanks for the tip
  • Options
    Going to take the test in 5 minutes! Will post results when I get back

Wish me luck! =)
  • Options
    Just got back from the testing center! I passed with a 731! Sure its not that great of a score but I am proud of myself because this test was a tough one! Had a crapload of DNS and subnetting questions, few RRAS and very little IPSec questions. I did an awesome job on the subnetting aspect and decent on DNS. RRAS turned out to be almost as good as subnetting (two highest based on the result graphs). The lowest was Network Security, I am guessing the IPSec questions... which I only got maybe about 5 questions (maybe less). I had only one sim

Took me a little over an hour and a half including going over everything (didnt change answers!)

I have to thank dynamik for posting those subnetting answers (and the users who posted the questions!) which made it a lot easier for me to understand.

I used the MS Pressbook and Transcender as well

P.S. I dont know if this makes me MCSA 2003... dont know if they count the 70-557 as part of the track. I think it does but its confusing to understand
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You need to take out the contents of the sim; that's any NDA violation.

Aside from that, congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif

And yea, you're an MCSA now: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcsa.aspx#tab2