Options

Newer ccna exam structure...

bmxfelon420bmxfelon420 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I went to a vocational school for the last two years of high school. I was in the computer networking and repair program, in which we got college credit for ccna 1, 2, plus we did it essentials. Our lab was nice, and i was really comfortable with the material and i passed pretty easily. The problem with that is that this was five years ago. Since then i've had maybe one or two opportunities to work with network hardware more complicated than home equipment, aside from wiring. I plan on taking the ccna and a+ tests in the next month or two, so I went back to my teacher and got some practice tests. The a+ stuff is pretty easy, building and working on lots of computers keeps you pretty current on that; but without money or a networking job working with cisco equipment, my memory of most of the ios stuff isnt really great. So my question is, how do these new ccna tests work? I saw that there is new cirriculum and a bunch of things have been added, and the test is split into a few tests, but what should i take, ccna wise? Would it be better to just print out my course completion certificate and try to get some more on the job experience first?

Comments

• Options
    giterrellgiterrell Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went to a vocational school for the last two years of high school. I was in the computer networking and repair program, in which we got college credit for ccna 1, 2, plus we did it essentials. Our lab was nice, and i was really comfortable with the material and i passed pretty easily. The problem with that is that this was five years ago. Since then i've had maybe one or two opportunities to work with network hardware more complicated than home equipment, aside from wiring. I plan on taking the ccna and a+ tests in the next month or two, so I went back to my teacher and got some practice tests. The a+ stuff is pretty easy, building and working on lots of computers keeps you pretty current on that; but without money or a networking job working with cisco equipment, my memory of most of the ios stuff isnt really great. So my question is, how do these new ccna tests work? I saw that there is new cirriculum and a bunch of things have been added, and the test is split into a few tests, but what should i take, ccna wise? Would it be better to just print out my course completion certificate and try to get some more on the job experience first?

There is a one or two test route to CCNA now, which one you chose depends on how well you feel you know the material. Here is a link to the info.

CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems

If you click on the individual test numbers, it will give you exam topics for each test. they even have practice tests and exam tutorials that get you familiar with how the exam works.