Options

Question about topics in the exam

zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
Hello everyone. I am studying for the CISSP and will be taking the exam in either August or October. I didn't see any results when I ran a few searches or if this question can be answered. I am not asking about specific questions but I am curious about those of you who have sat the exam if you could share what topics were covered the most on the exam?

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    zenlakin wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I am studying for the CISSP and will be taking the exam in either August or October. I didn't see any results when I ran a few searches or if this question can be answered. I am not asking about specific questions but I am curious about those of you who have sat the exam if you could share what topics were covered the most on the exam?
    Generally, all ten domains are represented very evenly in the CISSP exam's items. It might seem like there are more of a specific type of item (e.g., more crypto and risk analysis than BGP and laws/ethics), but this is partially due to the 25 research questions on the exam that are not counted in the final score (i.e., a lot of the research question might all be from one or two domains).

Also, every CISSP exam is different, so every person has a different opinion of what's on the CISSP exam based only on what they saw on their own exam. You won't know what will be on the exam that you take until you open the booklet. In short, there are no short cuts for studying for the CISSP; you need to learn it all.
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    JD is correct, all domains are represented in the exam and it really depends on the individual booklet that you receive to which domain has more questions. Friends had suggested that I study certain domains more than others yet I found out when reading the questions that you should have comprehension on ALL domains to pass the exam.

If you read over some of the posts from here and CCCure you'll read that the exam is a mile wide (lots of content covered) but an inch deep. Good luck!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11