Options

I passed!!!!

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
I sat for the 70-642 exam this morning and scored a 783. Hoping to break into the 800's, maybe next time. I studied MSPress and resources on this site mostly with some transcenders. I was fortunate enough to pick up a side job deploying a 2k8 server into a workgroup environment with 15 computers. That helped fill in the blanks and gave some much needed hands on experience.

Also if you are in AZ there is a new test center open 7 days a week that isn't busy yet. Just FYI.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• Options
    flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I'm planning on taking this one in a couple days, got any suggestions for those of us anticipating it?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    azjag wrote: »
    I sat for the 70-642 exam this morning and scored a 783. Hoping to break into the 800's, maybe next time. I studied MSPress and resources on this site mostly with some transcenders. I was fortunate enough to pick up a side job deploying a 2k8 server into a workgroup environment with 15 computers. That helped fill in the blanks and gave some much needed hands on experience.

Nice job, congrats!
    azjag wrote: »
    Also if you are in AZ there is a new test center open 7 days a week that isn't busy yet. Just FYI.

One less excuse, Snadam...
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    flurrball wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

I'm planning on taking this one in a couple days, got any suggestions for those of us anticipating it?

I saw a lot of DNS, DHCP and VPN with a peppering of WSUS, File and print sharing and backups. Some of the questions were painfully easy, others not so much. Most of the questions were middle of the road on difficulty. The test had 50 questions and I walked out in about an hour. Wasn't that hard of a test, I just second guess myself when reviewing them and that is what causes me trouble.
    Good luck.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, and thanks for the quick review :)
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Congrats! I've learned to just leave my answers be at the end cause once I start reviewing and changing, my answer normally comes wrong.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Well done mate!

I have 642 on Tuesday next week... got a free shot from work but had to use it before the end of the month.

This will be my first all multi-choice one as I did 83-640 the first time around. Only have had 2 weeks to cram this one (that's not alot of time for me as I have 3 kids and a missus) so time is valuable so not sure how I will do... but going to have a crack.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete