Options

simulation question

Allenchang04Allenchang04 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi,

ive been lurking on here for a while in the process of obtaining a ccna, thus ive acquired a few small projects form my boss. However ive been building the scenario on my simulators but im not entirely sure. For those experienced on here, can you provide some input?....

This is the current setup

Router 1
ip 192.1.59.1
|
|
Sonicwall 2040 pro
ip 192.1.59.6
|
59 subnet

now, we are thinking about adding a 61 subnet..but on the sonicwall i have to set up a new trunk port to do so. so should i just add the new vlan underneath the 59 network on the sonicwall.or should i create a new trunk port with a new ip and create two seperate vlan underneath it.

The dilemma i have is if i delete this default vlan 1 59 subnet, will it erase all the ip routes on the sonicwall. And would our offsite networks be able to connect with the existing network since the ip for default vlan1 has been changed.

I setup all the cisco routers to work, but when it comes to simulating the sonicwall somehow, i dont have anything that can replicate its connectivity.

if anyone has any advice please let me know

thanks in advance.

so utlimately, it should be like this:

router 192.1.59.1
|
|
sonicwall 2040 pro
172.168.1.6 vlan 1 trunk port
\ vlan 59 .59.6
\ vlan 61 .61.6

would all the other facilities in our network connect here when the original path added on the routers are all pointed to the 59.1 to reach 61 subnet?