Options

Creating a Script to run at logoff

qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
My company uses AutoCAD Civil3D2009 on all there workstations. They just released an update patch for it and I have to update all of our workstations. I was considering adding a line to our logon script to silently install the patch but I cant do that since it would take about 20 minutes to install and I dont want to risk corrupting the install since they tend to open up AutoCAD as soon as there computer boots up.

Could someone help me create a logoff script that would execute when the user logs off the network? Maybe I'm over thinking this but i dont want this to keep installing once its done so i'd like it to look for or create a file so it would run if the file doesnt exist.

the line I would use would be something like this:
\\servername\path\c3d2009sp3.exe /q

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Thats assuming that users actually log off or actually shutdown. I've seen people leave their PC logged in and unlocked/locked throughout the night. Others just push the power button to turn it off because its quicker...
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Thats assuming that users actually log off or actually shutdown. I've seen people leave their PC logged in and unlocked/locked throughout the night. Others just push the power button to turn it off because its quicker...

Well maybe im just lucky but my users are all engineers and know better. They always loggoff or shutdown at the end of the night.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're lucky then. I know plenty of engineers that are terrible about stuff like this.