Options

Passed 70-647

A week later than I planned but passed 70-647 this morning. Experience mirrors the many posts here.

I managed a 858 meaning I have to go take the 70-646 exam next week (stupid mouth is way to loose icon_wink.gif)

Comments

• Options
    flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

May I ask why you are taking the 70-646 if you've already passed the 70-647? Isn't the 646 a subset of 647?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats buddy! Why are you doing the SA as well?
  • Options
    Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are the main testing points ? i have mind tomorrow!! ARG!
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Thanks, its just a bit of a load off my plate for now (seems like the upgrades just keep coming, VCP and CCEE are a couple of examples)

There are three reasons for the attempt at the SA.
    1. The MCSE 2000 to 2003 upgrades were more interesting, I feel a little cheated by the coverage. I thought the SA might have something interesting or at least a little nugget that save me some time one day. I did learn some useful tips in my 2000 to 2003 upgrade, it seemed worth while and there was a sense of achievement at the end. This time around there is nothing just an empty space where the book was on my bed side cabinet icon_cry.gif
    2. A colleague of mine and I were discussing the idea and I kinda said "if I get more than 850 on 649, I'll take a shot at 646 next week", damn 9 points, why did I not study less icon_lol.gif
    3. It gives me a reason to continue to play with my Hyper-V machine (Windows 2008 Enterprise VMs) and acts a launch pad into 70-652 which I have had sitting around way too long (would be nice to have the set, VMware, XenServer and Hyper-V)
    Graham_84 wrote:
    What are the main testing points ? i have mind tomorrow!! ARG

Really nothing too hard, the coverage is bit of everything but obviously I would ensure knowledge of the new features. This is normal with almost every vendor, or at least those I've tested with.

[EDIT] Sorry forgot to say, I used the CBT Nuggets (my company has a multi user steaming license that I want to make the most of), the Microsoft Press book for a quick review and actually having worked with the technologies for a number of years. I must confess that James Conrad makes me laugh whilst I am watching his videos. [/EDIT]
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."