Options

When you've had enough. . .

petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
When studying for my ICND1, I came to a saturation point and said it was time, then passed.

On ICND2, I've not hit saturation point yet, have been at it two months, and am wondering when I'll learn the material well enough finally to be done. I have a long-preplanned vacation to go on soon, and I really would have preferred to be done before then, but it doesn't look like it will happen. Seems like I have a lot more prep to do on ACLs and NAT, for example. . .

Any thoughts? Getting anxious over here. . .
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
--Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    petedude wrote: »
    wondering when I'll learn the material well enough finally to be done.
    Can you read through the topics in the exam blueprint and remember all the important points that could be asked on the exam for each topic?

Have you tried to lab up all the configure, verify, troubleshoot, implement, etc., hands on tasks in the exam blueprint?

When you're reading through the blueprint can you remember all the commands you'd use for each topic to implement, verify (show commands), and troubleshoot (show commands and debug commands) the topics? Can you remember the format of any useful command output, or at least what important information may be given by a show and/or debug command?

I think they have an updated Cisco Press CCNA Flash Card and Exam Practice Pack -- the flash cards can help to wedge all the information into your memory (and help identify what's important to know) and the practice exams can give you an idea if you're ready to attempt the exam.

Sometimes the hardest part of studying for an exam is figuring out when you're done studying :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    When opening the book or turning on the lab make you want to crash.gif then you know you've had enough!
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Knowing when to take the exams and put a subject matter behind you is rough... this is when I turn to beer. Then sober up, and test my skills against Transcender.
    -Daniel