Options

Call Agents

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
Do call agents provide call setup and control in the distributed model, or is it the routers running CME?

I'm a little confused as to the difference.

Also when someone says 'VoIP Endpoints' they are refering to the actual IP Phone right?
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    rakem wrote: »
    Do call agents provide call setup and control in the distributed model, or is it the routers running CME?

I'm a little confused as to the difference.

Also when someone says 'VoIP Endpoints' they are refering to the actual IP Phone right?

a Call agent can be a CCM, or CME or other vendors phone system. Voip endpoints can be a phone. FXS card FXO card etc.

When you are in a disturbed model each site has there own call agents and they don't share info back and forth across each other, but they can be trucked together so they can dial by extensions and other features. When you have a centralized model you have call agents at 1 site and they provide services for all sites. Advantages and disadvantaged to both.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    shodown wrote: »
    a Call agent can be a CCM, or CME or other vendors phone system. Voip endpoints can be a phone. FXS card FXO card etc.

When you are in a disturbed model each site has there own call agents and they don't share info back and forth across each other, but they can be trucked together so they can dial by extensions and other features. When you have a centralized model you have call agents at 1 site and they provide services for all sites. Advantages and disadvantaged to both.

Yea i know about the differences between distributed and centralized..

I more confused about call agents and gateways and all that guff.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net