70-297 Format

FishOnAHFishOnAH Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Currently reviewig for the 297. On the fence on purchasing study materials for it since it looks to be just a review over the concepts I have been focusing on for the 291/293/294, just asked in a different manner.

So, I understand the format of the 70-297 exam. Read the case study and answer a few questions about it. I downloaded a trial of the Transcender for these exams.

This is what I understand, please correct me if I am wrong...

Lets say you first case study is 8 questions and you get 17 minutes...

You have 17 minutes to read the case study & answer the 8 questions. Once you complete that case study and move on to the next one you cannot go back.

You also may as well use up all the time you need on each case study because ending with 4 minutes left or 1 minute left isn't going to give you more time on the next case study.

Provided my understanding is correct there...Are all the questions on the case studies MC/Select All that Apply/Drag N' Drop Sims? Are there any 'full blown' simulations?

Comments

• Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Correct, i sat this exam twice and never passed it. Be warned about this one! failed with like 600 each time. I have never had under 850 for any other exam. The exam seperates in to about 6 testlets. Each testlet will have more of less information to look through. Some testlets you are given 6 questions, some you may get 15etc. But you will have about 50 in total. Once you have completed each testlet you cannot go back. You must do them in the order given. There is a lot of reading and you will have buttons on left hand site to move between company goals, interviews etc. This exam is tough as you can might think Single forest is the answer but microsoft looking for multiple domains. Based on your interpretation, any further questions on groups types, ou structure, replication are all going to be wrong. As you will base you answers on you domain design.

70-298 i did and was a much nicer exam, and each of your answers was individual.
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also. no sims, plenty or drag and drop and put in right order etc
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Transcender practice test is a good example of the testlet format. If you run out of time on a testlet or close it out before time expires, you move on to the next one and can't go back.

I just took 70-297 last Friday, and it looks like the formula for time allowed for each testlet is about 3 minutes/question. I had 6 testlets with 5-12 questions each and 48 questions total.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.