Passed 70-620 Today

I failed this exam due to a simple lack of preparedness months ago. I had decided to move on to 70-290 and leave this one alone for a while. Then I was given a voucher number for this exam (you know the ones, I had to take the test before the 30th of this month) two weeks ago. I went a head and decided that the price was right and I would try the Vista exam again. Of course, I got busy with a million other things and ended up having to cram. I concentrated on the areas that I didn't do well on the first time.

I was sure that I was going to fail the exam but there was no time to reschedule. I took my time with every question. I went through the sims (all 12 of them) at least a couple of times each. I think that the sims were one of the reasons that I failed the first time. On the first test I click every button and looked at all the options to ensure I didn't miss anything and I didn't know to reset the sim. This time, once I was sure that I had the procedure just right, I reset the sim and did it straight through being sure to only hit the keys necessary.

This time I nailed all the areas that I didn't do well in last time. The funny thing is that I almost blew the exam this time for the easiert area on the exam. I did horribly on the Installing and upgrading to Vista section of the exam. I must have been asked about dual booting 5 times and I couldn't remember the process. Brain Fart!!! (I don't think this violates NDA because it is clearly labeled as an exam objective) I just couldn't remember for the life of me.

From the title of the post it is clear that I did pass. I got a 748. It is an ugly score but it counts as a pass so I will take it and move on.

I am still planning on taking 70-290 next and I will certainly go in more prepared for that exam. I also need to take ITIL Foundations for work fairly soon as well.

Thanks for reading my long winded explaination.
Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP

Comments

• megatran808megatran808 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing your exam. I've scheduled mine this Wednesday.
    "Love your Job, but never fall in love with your company....because you never know when your company stops loving you!"
  • mrgetdown88mrgetdown88 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! I passed today with a 764. I used that same sim strategy that you used and it proved successful. I was very unprepared as well, I only studied for about a month and used the Mike Meyers book as my only source. Today must be my lucky day I guess, this was my first MS exam. Ugly score but a pass is a pass hehe...
    XBox Live: xGetDownNoobx
    Working towards 70-291 and CCNA
    Future Goals (In this order):CCNA, MCSA, CCNP, MCITP:EA, CEH

"Consider yourselves lucky I'm not after your gully holes..."
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Every pass counts!!
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes, every pass counts. We live in the real world and stuff gets in the way. So don't be too hard on yourself.

748? I am pretty sure your certificate will look the same as mine, am I right? I mean do you know how well your Dr. did on his exams?