Options

Mailbox store

rj_connorrj_connor Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know how or if possible to run a quire to find the Server+Mailbox+Storage group that a user is in (on a mass scale) e.g domain. The reason I ask is that when users account get "accidently" deleted and the helpdesk recreates a new account, there is no way for me to know where the users mailbox was before (I can find the exchange server but not which Mailbox or SG they where in, and there is no way I'm restoring close to 16 SG from backup to find where it was) so hence I can't reattach their old mailbox. So I want to take a "snap-shot" of where every user is each week just in case this happens again.

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
  • Options
    Exchange 2003 sp2 running Server 2003 sp2.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Using Quest powershell Active Directory cmdlets...

connect-qadservice -service globalcatalogname.domain.com -useglobalcatalog
    #You can skip the above if you don't have multiple domains in your forest
    Get-qaduser * -includedproperties homemdb | select name,dn,homemdb | export-csv report.csv -notype
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Ok great that work a treat, i came up with something similar, not using powershell as i never seems to get my head around using it lol which was to create a batch file containing the below.

dsquery * OU=888,OU=888,DC=888,DC=888,DC=888,DC=com -limit 0 -attr homeMDB Name >c:\Ukmailboxlocations.txt

Yours is better as it does not need the OU to be pre entered.

Thanks that helps alot.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    You might also want to take a look at PowerGUI with the Exchange 2003 and Active Directory PowerPacks. Great way to harness the power of PowerShell without needing to know PowerShell syntax. I'm sure you could get the same info you're looking for there in a GUI interface, too.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Already have both installed i used the PowerGUI Script to run your code.

PowerGUI is very good at pulling information that you would other wise need to script, it's just i couldn't find away to get the info i needed using it.