Options

Old Cisco Stuff

boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
I just got some old Cisco gear to add to the collection (I need more cisco gear like I need a hole in the head). I was wondering if anyone could let me know about:

Cisco MicroServer 200
Cisco 1501 hub

Anything useful I can do with the MicroServer? Am I assuming correctly that the hub is unmanaged due to the lack of a console port? What is the difference between a Cisco hub and any other hub?

I have a problem with hoarding any/all Cisco gear regardless of age, that I can get my hands on.

The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Yes. It is an 10BASE-T unmanaged hub and good for propping open your door.
    The Micro Server is a 10BASE-T web server which should still be usable. It isn't useful for any certifications however.

Talk to jmc012 about his IGS :D
  • Options
    At least you're hoarding cheap gear. It'd be worse if you had a need for something like a 12000 or CRS-1 ;)
  • Options
    What is the difference between a Cisco unmanaged hub and say a netgear you were able to buy at Best Buy? Price?
  • Options
    What is the difference between a Cisco unmanaged hub and say a netgear you were able to buy at Best Buy? Price?
    Can you even still buy hubs? o.O

For an unmanaged hub, there isn't really that much difference from a functional point of view. You're paying for in theory better build quality over a consumer device and the brand name.
  • Options
    I haven't seen hubs for sale in years.
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Hubs are still sold in stores. I've seen a few.