Options

PASSED 201 Just now - YES!!!!!!!!!!

amtt81amtt81 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just walked out of the 201 and passed with an 890! I am so pumped. I worked really hard for this.
Study material used (201 only so as not to confuse myself):
Sybex
Exam Cram
Transcenders
Online forums after I had the material cold for reveiw - because most everything online seems dedicated to 101.

I now have A+, Network+ and Security+ - and the stuff is fresh - which direction should I go now?

3 tests to a MCSA

How about CCNA - how many tests is that?

I want to be able to take advantage of the fact that this stuff is fresh!

Please chime in!

Comments

• Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

As for your next move, what are your career goals?

In short if you want to pursue a career in Microsoft Server Administration then complete your MCSA. If you want to focus more on the networking route then do the CCNA.

As for the number of tests for the CCNA, I think it's only 1 (but you can break it into 2 tests). However, I understand there is a considerable amount of study material.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the Pass!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    amtt81 wrote: »
    I just walked out of the 201 and passed with an 890! I am so pumped. I worked really hard for this.
    Study material used (201 only so as not to confuse myself):
    Sybex
    Exam Cram
    Transcenders
    Online forums after I had the material cold for reveiw - because most everything online seems dedicated to 101.

I now have A+, Network+ and Security+ - and the stuff is fresh - which direction should I go now?

3 tests to a MCSA

How about CCNA - how many tests is that?

I want to be able to take advantage of the fact that this stuff is fresh!

Please chime in!

Great Job! icon_cheers.gif How long did you study? I am planning on starting studying for this Friday (26th) and I want to get it done within 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. How hard was the material?
  • Options
    I studied for 8 weeks, but I probably could have take the test a week ago. I would say the material is difficult. There are some things that are just very similar and you have to know them well to know the difference - due care/du dilligence, security template/configuration baselines, SSL/TLS, MAC/DAC/etc.
    And the other thing is to know the cryptography well - every aspect - key sizes, the apps they are used in, etc.

I am happy to be on this side today having passed, you will too.

As for the CCNA, isnt there a bit of crossover between that and the Network+/Security+

What is the name/exam code of the CCNA test?
  • Options
    KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, you are doing well, I would say start planning on where you want your career to go :>).

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    thats a great job man congrats on the pass am working on sec + for now and my questions is the same as your, if you A+, N+, Sec +, what could be next MCSE / CCNA / Linux + cause with
    me i always have a thing for plus courses.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    Yes, I would say that was a very helpful book. I would also get another book as well - I used the Exam Cram one - which I think was also very helpful and included good practice questions.
  • Options
    jeffslawjeffslaw Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been using Transcender for 3 weeks now also. How helpful was it for you on the test? (I've also been studying with Security+ Delux, TechExam Notes).
  • Options
    AD200AD200 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! My security+ exam is coming up real soon!