Cisco Path

webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
After failing the original Cisco exam (CCNA) I decided to split it

640-822 and 640-816 first question, I read somewhere that these exams are no longer valid? is this true?

secondly, once I get my CCENT and CCNA (hopefully) what is the next logical cisco path to take? CCDA and CCDP?

and whats the best study guide? I got all my course material for the CCNA on the cisco.netacad site as im a student, can I get more courses put on there? Ive been out of the study game for over a year and am really keen to get back into it.

apologies if the questions are lame, but if you guys could help I would appreciate it.

thanks
CCDP Next

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Not lame at all, they're valid questions.

If you're splitting the exam and taking two, ICND1 and ICND2 are your exams:

CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems

For study guides, I'd highly suggest CBT Nuggets from Jeremy Cioara. He has a set for CCENT/CCNA.

As for next steps after CCNA, I'd suggest get some experience and see what you like before moving up or over(voice/security/wireless). However, moving up to CCNP will benefit you if you stay in networking, no matter which path you take.

Good luck.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    websponge wrote: »
    secondly, once I get my CCENT and CCNA (hopefully) what is the next logical cisco path to take? CCDA and CCDP?

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to do voice, you take CCNA:Voice and then the CCVP. I think most folks probably move to CCNP after the CCNA, but with Cisco's recent introduction of the CCNA specializations and the prerequisites for the professional level certs changing, that's kind of in flux at the moment.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Design Tracks (CCDA and CCDP) are probably easier after you have the CCNP -- and experience.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!