Options

Failed. :(

PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
Well, I got a 654. 4 hours on the road, but at least I used a free voucher, so I wasn't out much. I do have a list of stuff I need to study up on, though. I did a lot better on the subjects I thought I was weak in, though. But, the RRAS I need to work on a bit. But, the other stuff I was pretty strong in, so that's good. :)

I'll probably schedule it out for August, and get my CCNA in the meantime.

Bummed, but not too bad. It wasn't too bad of a test, really. I did well on the DHCP, DNS and IP stuff.

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I failed on my first attempt too. Take heart and get ready. Do some more lab work on RRAS if you had issues there and do NOT neglect to review the topics you did well in.

GL!
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yea, I'm going to study up on everything again. Just like if I was starting at square one. Except for I'm going to double or triple my efforts on RRAS. I'm already getting VirtualBox ready for a couple servers again. I'll hit it again, but I have my CCNA planned to be completed by August 1st. Then I'll go for the beast again by August 31st. :) This is a big one for me, as I'll earn my MCSA, so I'm pretty set on taking it. Just have to really hit the books. I'll probably buy another book (MSPress or something) to add to my arsenal. :)
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well the good thing about the CCNA is that it will help prepare you fo the 291 as some of the topic are related (subnetting, routing, etc)
    When I prepare for an exam I usually follow this method:
    If I am knew to the topic I read the MS Press book fron to back. Then I use the MeasureUp test and take the test as quickly as I can. If I don't know the answer I do not guess. I just leave it blank. All the questions I get wrong I print and use the questions to create a lab scenario and rered the book and search online for info. I repeat this for a few weeks and then start to use SelfTest. Here I take a long test, though. I take it as if it were the real test. Again I print the questions I get wrong or I was unsure about and use them to create labs. It has served me well.